Monday 12 October 2015

24-200MM lens for Nikon D850?


I am looking for any one (single) lens that can cover the 24-200MM range for my Nikon D850. Constant aperture is not needed, however it would be nice to have. Vibration reduction would also be a nice-to have feature. I am looking for any full frame lens with autofocus that can fit my criteria. What options do I have? I am open to learning about discontinued lenses as well. In order to keep this question non-opinion based, I am only requesting a list of options, not which would be best for the D850.


In my research using the site pixelpeeper.com/lens-finder I came across DX format lenses, such as the Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM Lens for Nikon, however I am in search of full frame lenses.


The main reason I am looking for this focal range is because I spent several thousands already on constant aperture zoom lenses (the 14-24 f/2.8 and 200-500 f/5.6) as well as a prime (50mm 1.8) and as a still new and relatively inexperienced photographer, I realized I was missing a big focal range, so I wanted something that could cover it as my photography style and interests develop, after which I can pick certain other primes or higher end fixed aperture zoom lenses. Additionally I was running out of room in my travel case.



Answer



Nikon makes a 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens, with all the advantages and disadvantages that come from super-zoom lenses.


There's also a Nikon 24-120mm f/4 VR lens. You'll have to decide whether the wide end or the long end is more important to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...