Tuesday 6 October 2015

Can someone take a picture of me, then claim copyright over the material?




Possible Duplicate:
If someone makes a picture of me, who owns the right to it?



A lady took a photograph of me, then posted it in a smear campaign against me. I was the obvious subject of the photograph, both the primary subject in the picture and primary in the description.


Can someone copyright a photograph they took of me that I gave no permission for, and use it in a smear campaign -- and have me take down a picture of ME while "critiquing" it (fair use!).


Canada has "critique" which allows one to use copywritten materials in order to "critique" them, similar to "fair use"... and yet this lady has signed a DMCA filing!



Also, shouldn't I be entitled to a copy of such a filing?


These copyright laws are freaking confusing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...