Monday 21 August 2017

What smartphone specs should I look at for fast RAW exposure bracketing?


I've narrowed my choice down to (CPU clock speed in parens):




  • HTC One A9 (10.8GHz total)

  • Samsung S6 (14.4GHz total)

  • LG G4 (9.2GHz total)

  • Huawei P9 (17.2GHz total)

  • Huawei Nexus 6P (14.2GHz total)


My primary concern is that when I use an exp. bracketing app such as Camera FV-5, and shoot RAW, it's gonna take too long to store each exposure and the clouds will have moved too much in the meantime.


To avoid that problem, I'm thinking I should pick the one with the highest CPU clock speed. Or maybe I should pick the one with the fewest megapixels?


Note that, eyeing gsmarena.com sample low-light photos, I prefer the two Huawei phones to the other three.


If all 4 phones would take a really long time (like 5 seconds) per RAW exposure, then maybe I'll drop the "RAW" requirement and look for phones that support a higher bracketing range. E.g. my current Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) only from -2EV to +2EV, which is too little. But that's gonna be another question.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...