Wednesday 2 August 2017

What is a good freelensing lens I could use on my Nikon DX?



I have a Nikon D7000 and have tried freelensing with my Rokinon 85mm f/1.4, Nikon 35mm f/1.8 DX, and a zoom Nikon 35-70mm f/2.8 without much success. The problem is that everything is out of focus no matter what I set the lens' focus to.


Any advice?



Answer



I researched and believe this is the best answer:


To do freelensing best, use:



  • a prime lens in the medium focal length range 35-85mm

  • large aperture to capture plenty of light

  • hard infinity-focus stop

  • for Nikon lenses, a non-G lens as the G lens stops all the way down when not attached to the body


  • for Nikon bodies, Canon lenses are supposed to work very well


From what I've read on Flickr and dpreview, this is the best lens for freelensing: 50mm f/1.4 (for Nikon the non G version 50mm f/1.4 AF-D is best).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...