Saturday 5 August 2017

tripod - Is it possible to get a larger screen for live view, for precise manual focus?


I've been doing some test macro shots lately and it's been a pain to focus sharp. The macro lens already minimizes DoF and makes things hard but I've been thinking of an external screen that I can pan/zoom to check focus quality.


I haven't been able to find much, probably because I don't know the keywords to search for. I hope there is something on the market.


Is it?


At the moment I'm using the live view and the +/- keys to magnify the live view in order to check the focus quality.


What would be better alternatives considering I will use a tripod?



Answer



You are looking for an HDMI monitor.


Here you go, BHPHoto has 116 results for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...