Monday 21 August 2017

amateur - Communicating with all potential clients as a multi niche photographer


This may be seen as a bit off topic, but I'm hoping it's a question that some photographers can associalte with and clear up for me.


I'm an amateur wanting to get more serious in the new year, and aiming to build up a portfolio of work that I will showcase on my own website, which will hopefully build up a client base.



I figured that a good way to get started would be to create a few 365 style projects that I can publish on my site and on social media. However, my interests vary a great deal, and therefore my photography will more than likely range from nature and local events, to more NSFW style topics.


My problem is, how to successfully communicate with people who will be interested in certain aspects of my work, without losing touch with those interested in others.


In theory, I'd like to set up a single social media presence, preferably Twitter, where I can freely post anything I want, and connect with anyone I want. Essentailly pointing people in the direction of whatever content they will be interested in. Problem is, social media sites like Twitter publicise ALL of your posts to ALL of your followers, so people who are following for nature/local photography will possibly unfollow me for my NSFW content. At the same time, some SFW followers may be potential clients in other areas, and vice versa.


So as a multi niche photographer, how can you engage with all potential clients, and showcase all portfolio peices ( in my case all 365 project shots ) via a single or limited number of social networks? How are you doing it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...