Tuesday 22 August 2017

canon - What is the difference between AI Focus and AI Servo autofocus modes?


Recently I bought a Canon 60D and I am uncertain about when and how to use/activate the AI Focus and AI Servo functions.



I understand the One Shot autofocus function for still subjects. You press the shutter and the camera/lens will autofocus for you.


With AI Servo AF (for moving subjects), I also press down the shutter button and follow/point towards the subject as it moves around? Till the camera finally finds the autofocus point?


Can someone please explain if this is the correct method?


AI Servo function... I have read the menu, but I am still unsure what this does and when should I use this function.


Lastly, what is the difference of these functions when compared to “panning.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...