Monday 28 August 2017

canon - How can I get proper flash exposure in AV mode without using ETTL?


I have a Canon 5D Mark II and normally shoot with natural light (I try to stay away from flash). However, I am taking on more situations where I need to use my hotshoe flash (Canon Speedlite 580 EX II).


I have not been able to figure out how to easily get the flash to get the right exposure without having to use the Automatic/ETTL mode. I normally shoot in AV mode, and would like to get the flash to sync with it. What would you recommend I try? Canon's flash manual isn't very clear.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...