Tuesday 24 November 2015

project - How can photographers support non-profit charity organizations?


As hobbyist & professional photographers, what opportunities are available if we wanted to volunteer our services to a charitable organisations?


Any ideas? What sorts of organisations might be looking for volunteers to provide photographic services?



I would love to hear details from anyone with experience doing something like this.



Answer



I occasionally volunteer my photography at historical societies. I have a keen interest in photographing old and disused structures and historical sites, so if I can get access for free then I'll subsequently give the photos to the group as well. Sometimes they will show you around the sites ask you to photograph important objects. This process basically serves as free documentation for them and you get to enjoy a day in some interesting place.


I haven't heard of places like the SPCA or RedCross or something needing photographers specifically, but i'm sure if you were to offer your services they might come in handy some time.


Hope that helps,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...