Wednesday 11 November 2015

Can I filter by autofocus in Lightroom?


Does Lightroom let me filter photos by whether they were manually focused? Or is this information not even stored in the ARW metadata? (I'm assuming they were not lost during DNG conversion in Lightroom.)


I often find that autofocus doesn't work for me in many situations (Is it normal for autofocus to produce blurry photos under low light?), so I'd like to filter my library (or create a Smart Collection) so that I can go through the auto-focused photos and verify that they were correctly focused. Is this possible?



Answer



The focus mode, if included in the EXIF information at all, is written in the Maker Note section that varies from one manufacturer to the next.


Since Adobe products such as CS/PS/LR ignore the Maker Note section of a file's EXIF information I highly doubt what you wish to do is possible using Adobe Lightroom.



For more information about how the focus information is saved in the EXIF data, see https://photo.stackexchange.com/a/45622/15871


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...