Saturday 7 November 2015

DIY motion trigger for use in High Speed Photography?


I am looking to get started in high speed photography and have been looking around at the different motion/sound detectors that are available on the market. I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to pay those prices and quite fancy making my own.


I have decided to have a go at making one myself, but I don't know where to start. I have no knowledge of electronics, but consider myself to be fairly "techie" (if that's how you spell it). Looking at some of the tutorials I have found on the internet I'm not overly impressed with them. Have I missed a good one?



Does anyone have an idea if this is a relatively simple project and any suggestions how I can get started with it?


This idea is hopefully going to kickstart me in making other electronic stuff too.



Answer



You can decide how DIY you want to be. If you do not understand electronics, doing it all by yourself is going to be a bit of a stretch. That said you can buy it or build it (from a kit) using Trigger Trap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...