Monday 16 November 2015

lens - Are there specific use-cases in mind that make the 70-200 F2.8 worth its weight/size/price?


I've been looking to upgrade my Mark III's kit lens, and am comparing lens strategies. The 70-200mm canon F2.8 seems like an enduring and very popular lens. After holding one, I am left wondering why?


My use case is for trips and general photography, so I'm today thinking about the 200mm prime, which is much lighter, and the 28-70mm which covers the mid-range.


Obviously you don't get the coverage, but these two lenses are much easier to carry and use. So is the 70-200 designed specifically for something like say, sports, or fast action distance events?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...