Monday 2 November 2015

equipment recommendation - Tripod that is mobile yet sturdy and light


What tripod would be recommended that is sturdy enough not to wobble in the wind, yet is light enough and easily and quickly movable so that I can use it to trek up hills, through awkward places and generally easy to move from A to B.


Some of the cheaper ones seem to look a bit flimsy. Ideally it needs to be to the cheaper end of the scale from $100 - $150 or under.


I have already read this post: What are my best options for a tripod for up to $100? and it didn't answer what I needed to know.


I am not interested in being able to use super heavy lenses (I don't have any) but it would be useful if it could support heavier lenses just in case!


I am happy to try solutions that would have separate bodies and heads so I can taylor the tripod for future plans.



Answer



my choice is Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs (Black) see amazon055XPROB


I've been using it for 3 years and it handles all but my large lenses (its a little shaky for the 400mm) and it has a loop I can hook stabilizing weight to if I need it.



Check it out it may be a bit above your price range but it will serve you well for several years. I used to buy the cheap tripods for hoofing about in the woods but they rarely last a full season so I made the jump and haven't regretted the extra expense.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...