Sunday 29 November 2015

equipment recommendation - What should I look for when shopping for my first DSLR?


I am thinking of buying a digital SLR camera. What things should I be looking for?



Answer



Things to look for when buying your first dslr:




  • Price. Far from me to tell anyone how to spend their hard earned cash, but having an idea of what money you want to pay will help.





  • Ergonomics. Does the body feel good in your hands? What about when you have your lens attached?




  • What brand? I'm a fan of Canon. Nikon is equally awesome. There are other brands as well, but I recommend the big two: Canon and Nikon.




  • Beginner/creative modes. Since this is your first camera, having modes that do some automation will ease you into using an SLR.




  • Entry Level/ Prosumer Level body. If you have a sufficient budget, consider which would serve you better: Buying a more expensive body now, with features that you can grow with, or a less expensive body with fewer features, leaving you more cash more lenses. In terms of producing great images the chain of importance goes: Photographer >>> Lens > Camera Body.





My first dSLR was a Canon 20D, a prosumer body. I chose it because I have larger hands, and the 20D size and weight felt better (twss), and I wanted something I could grow with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...