Saturday 29 July 2017

post processing - How can I avoid circular banding artifacts in clear skies when de-noising?


I photograph in RAW, and convert using Darktable. Camera happens to be Nikon D40, 55-200mm lens. For a small number of photos, especially of clear blue skies, I cannot reduce noise without introducing artefacts. This remains true when I change de-noising method, although I cannot claim to have tried everything. Is there a solution to this? Example to illustrate my question follows:





  1. No denoise, no halo artefacts, but annoying noise: enter image description here




  2. Very light denoise (profiled, wavelets, strength 0.097), halo artefacts: enter image description here




Any thoughts on this appreciated. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...