Sunday 23 July 2017

lens - How should I arrange a scene to test the relative sharpness of lenses with different focal lengths?


I want to compare sharpness of two lenses, consider 50mm f/1.8G vs 35mm f/1.8G from Nikon on a crop sensor camera by taking some photos (from some small size text on a paper) and review the results. Here, I don't care the perspective issues (just sharpness is important).



To have the similar frame on both photos, I need to move closer to the subject as the second one is a wider lens. When I do this, the texts are more clear on the wide angle lens. I'm not sure if this is fair for comparison, because when you are closer to a subject, you can see better details.


So, how should I arrange the scene to be able to test the sharpness of these lenses?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...