Tuesday 25 July 2017

photoshop - How can I wrap a new pattern around a 3D object in a photograph?


I have a problem with setting a pattern on sofas. The image below is a pattern that I set on a sofa:


enter image description here


as you can see, the pattern comes from up to down in a straight line. This is wrong; I need it to covert the corners, do the indent and ....



for better understanding the result I want, please see the below image. I saw this on a website, and as you can see, it isn't in a straight line — it goes in the corners, rotates, and exactly gets the shape of the sofa.


enter image description here


This is exactly what I need to do but I don't know how. How can I do this in Photoshop?



Answer



Either you do it manually or by building a 3d model in a third party 3d modeling tool (or from a 3d scanned point cloud converted to a surface) and applying textures in Photoshop using Photoshop Extended's 3d model support. As far as I know, Photoshop doesn't have an automatic tool for figuring out geometries of a scene by image processing magic. (And even if it did, I don't think the current state of the art can determine with that fine of accuracy without at least a series of images to work from taken from different angles.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...