Wednesday 26 July 2017

lighting - Product shot of a vase with decals: reflections obscuring decals


I'm having trouble getting a good photo of a round base vase. It has a shiny round bulbous base with a decal which is being obscured by reflections. I've tried using a number of lights, umbrellas, soft boxes, circular polariser, black cloth, white cloth, but im having no luck.


Does anyone have a good solution besides photoshopping it? If it comes to it, I was going to stitch two photos together with different light arrangements. But that would still be tricky for me, most likely more work compared to arranging lights once I know how, especially since I will be taking shots of several similar items.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...