Wednesday 12 July 2017

How can I use live view while tethering a Nikon D810 to LightRoom 5 CC?



My camera is a Nikon D810. I have the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and haven't updated it for a while, but my Lightroom version is 5.


My camera came with a cable, one side was a HDMI I think that I connected to port of the camera and the other side was a USB cable that I connected to the laptop and opened Lightroom, and was able to take pictures with the viewfinder of the camera and they showed up but I can not get LiveView of the camera to turn on and use that instead of viewfinder.


I want LiveView so I can zoom in on my focus point and exactly see if I am tack sharp or not.



Answer



Lightroom don't support tethering with live view for Nikon cameras. If you want to use tethering with live view you need a another application like Camera Control Pro, ControlMyNikon or a freeware digiCamControl or any similar application.


You can use external application with lightroom with no problem if you activate the Auto Import feature


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...