Tuesday 26 April 2016

flash - D5200 darker area at top


I'm using a Nikon D5200 and when I use my flash on auto I get a dark bar across the top of the image. When I use the auto but disable the flash the image looks fine. If I turn the camera on its side the flash runs north-south. If I cover the flash with my finger it takes care of most of the darker shaded area, but there seems to be some darker spots where the light leaks around my finger or reflects off of it. I do not see the darker band in live-view.


I've also notice that when I try to shoot bursts in sports mode, the pictures all come out very dark on the top and just barely light on the bottom. So a similar phenomena to what I'm seeing when I use the flash, just more pronounced. Thanks in advance for any help.



Jeff


enter image description here. D5200 with full auto and flash on. Note darker area on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...