Sunday 24 April 2016

equipment recommendation - What camera do I need for equine / sport photography?


I'm a complete beginner - the only type of camera I've ever had is a cheap £100 digital camera! But I'm really interested in photography and I am thinking of starting a career in it. I don't want to go all out and completely invest all of my money in it but would like some advice on an ideal camera and lenses that I should buy to start off.


I'd like something that takes photos instantly and with good focusing capabilities, as it will be used mainly for horses in jumping & outdoor competitions etc that will require a photo at the perfect time in mid-air or at specific time when a horse has its knees at the highest etc.


I'd also like it to be able to have a good zoom as at times I'll need to be on the side of the arena (about the same as a rugby field). I realize I'd be looking at a few thousands, but would ideally like to budget as little as possible (£1,000-1,500), but any suggestions/ideas of anything over or under this price would be hugely appreciated.


Also I was wondering if it's possible within the price limit to have a good enough body so that I could keep that and only have to buy better lenses if I decide to go more serious ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...