Monday 25 April 2016

What are these clusters of branching structures on/in my lens?


I packed a Tamron 28-75 lens away for over a year. When I took it out of storage examined it, I found clusters of branching structures on or in the front element.


I Took it to a camera store and they said it wasn't fungus, but they didn't tell me what it was. I have removed the front element and cleaned the backside but it does not fix the issue.


It does not impact picture quality at all. Not sure what to do.


clusters of branching structures on lens




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...