Tuesday 12 April 2016

equipment recommendation - What are the (dis)advantages of the Canon 600EX-RT compared to the 430EX and 580EX?


I'm considering buying a flash for my Canon DSLR. I noticed the 600EX recently came out. What are the pros and cons of the new 600 flash versus the other two mentioned in the title?



Answer



Price vs Radio wireless, I have a 600EX-RT and I love it. The wireless radio is the big upgrade. It should support far more complex wireless flash operation, though currently it only works with more of the 600EX-RT flash units. (Presumably there will be more devices in the RT line down the road.)


I don't know if the flash bulb moves to adjust the guide number in the 430EX or not, but I believe it does in the 580EX. I know it does in the 600EX-RT which is a pretty nice feature. The menu system on the 600EX-RT is also very nice and will work very easily through the camera's menu system as well on newer cameras.


So main pros for the 600EX-RT that I notice are the newer design (backlit LCD screen with easy to use controls), wireless radio sync (no line of sight limitation/longer range/more control) and cons are higher price.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...