Saturday 25 January 2020

shooting technique - Pictures of dancers on stage


I am taking pictures of performers on stage. Sometimes they have tungsten lighting, but then they can also have funky color lights of all sorts go off at them.


Here is a Flickr Album of the pictures I recently took: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8160217@N02/sets/72157629788799877/


I'm shooting with a Nikon D7000 on Auto, No flash, high speed multi shot, RAW mode. I took about 1000 pictures, and about 15 of them were worth editing.



I figured that a monopod would be really helpful in keeping the camera steadier (most of my shots were blurry), and keeping me mobile to change angles. I got a monopod, and I will use it at the next event.


I did see this question, but it is more about a point-and-shoot than a DSLR


What can I do to improve the quality of pictures that I take?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...