Wednesday 1 January 2020

black and white - Can I develop my b&w film a year after shooting it?


I am a US citizen spending about a year in Germany and I've been shooting black and white film (ilford delta 400). I'm nervous about my film being in someone else's hands so I would prefer to develop all of it by myself when I get back home. The only thing is that I don't know if the extra months of sitting around in my room here will affect the quality of the pictures, or how getting through customs might add to that. Is it better to just get the film developed by someone else here instead of 8-16 months of waiting?


film type: Ilford Delta 400 professional


conditions: my room, usually room temp or a bit under, can't keep it in a tiny german refrigerator.


I'm not a professional, nor am I selling any of these photos, so a minuscule level of fading isn't going to put me off. I still would like the photos to look nice since I put a lot of money and time into them for a 16 year old using whatever is left of her babysitting money.


Thank you for your time


Edit: I am in no way trying to suggest that I am more skilled or experienced than German film developers, I'm simply nervous about handling the situation in regards to my B1 understanding of the German language and the fact that I don't have too much money or time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...