Sunday 5 January 2020

How can I take a picture through glass without glare?



Context


Looking at previous shots I've taken, I see that when I'm indoors and shooting outdoors with glass in between, I sometimes get glare. I know that realistically if I can get outside, the shot looks a lot better but sometimes that isn't an option, or it is inaccessible.


The only way I've found to reduce glare is to remove the lens hood and put the lens right up to the glass but I'm unable to get different perspectives except ones tangential to the glass.



Question


Are there ways to mitigate or reduce glare, before post production? Related when is glare most predominant/likely to occur?


Related




Answer



Rubber Lens Hoods are available to use when shooting through glass. You place the front of the hood flat on the glass window and can then move the camera at various angles. Just be careful not to move the camera to a spot so that part of the rubber hood folds into the lens' field of view.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...