Tuesday 7 January 2020

color management - Colour spaces accross different monitors


I have a question about colour spaces.


I have taken photos on a digital SLR in RAW, processed them in Adobe Lightroom and then exported them as JPG's with the sRGB profile.


On my home setup with the DELL u2713h (wide gamut monitor), when I open photos using a colour managed application - the JPG's look great, and when I open them in a non-colour managed application they don't - i understand why, and this is all fine.


The problem i am having is after I have uploaded the JPG's to Google Photos and then view them from my work computer which uses the standard run-of-the mill Dell monitors. When viewing at work the colours are over-saturated even when viewed using a colour managed application.


Everything I have been reading suggests this shouldn't be the case as it should be reading sRGB from the photo and displaying normally?


Can anyone help me to understand why this may be? I'm worried all the photos I share are coming out over saturated when viewed by other people.


thanks.


PS - here is an example photo https://goo.gl/photos/BHecW2AegsEgWBw78




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...