Wednesday 22 January 2020

How do I find the thread diameter of my lens?


I have an older Olympus OM 50mm lens that I'd like to get a matte box for, as I'm going to use it for video on a 550D. However, I can't seem to figure out what the thread diameter is. There are no markings on the lens itself to indicate what diameter. How do I figure this out?


Here's the lens I have. It's the standard 50mm ƒ/1.8 kit lens that came with many Olympus OM lenses in the '80s



Answer



49mm


It never fails to research the lens and read the specs online. And there will be no room for mistake there:


Olympus 50mm 1.8


Look for 'filter size', naturally.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...