Sunday 19 January 2020

DIY pinhole lens' aperture is ƒ00, which can't be changed and pictures turn out mostly black


I just made a pinhole lens for my Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS), but now I have no idea what to do next. The bulb-mode is on and ISO is 400. Camera says the aperture is ƒ00, which I can't change. What does it mean? Is there no diaphragm?


Does the camera even recognize my lens? If it doesn't, is there a setting to tell the camera there is a lens even if it isn't recognized?


Also, if I take a picture, there is a lot of black and barely a little point can be seen. Not only trough the viewfinder, but also on the picture at the screen.


I constructed the lens by making a hole in the middle of a bodycap with a drill. Behind the gap I put a piece of aluminium, and I made a small point in that with a needle.


Can anyone help me? I really really want this to work, because I'm a huge fan of pinhole photography.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...