Wednesday 16 May 2018

night - How do I eliminate reflection on glass?




When I take a picture through a window, I often see a reflection on the glass. I have noticed that this occurs mostly when it is dark or overcast outside or it is especially bright on my side of the glass. How can I stop this?



Answer



This question has been asked in many guises, ultimately you want to prevent light from inside the room reflecting off the glass and going down the lens.


This can be done by moving the lights, so the direct reflection misses the camera, or more preferably (especially if it's a well lit room and you have light bouncing off everything in many directions) blocking the light.


You can block the light with your body, or get the camera so close to the glass that there is no way for the light to get in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...