Monday 14 May 2018

lens - Difference between Canon 18-55mm IS II and IS STM?




I am a newbie into the photography world and would like to buy a DSLR. I am currently shooting with my phone and usually take photos with auto mode. While choosing for a camera I have narrowed my search Canon 700D. However, i am still trying to decide onto the lens to buy.


In India, there are 2 options available. 18-55 + 55-250 IS II and 18-55 IS STM lens. Both cost almost the same.


Can anyone guide me as to which option I should go for? Can 18-55 STM suffice my needs of general photography? If so, I can go for STM, or else I would rather like to go with IS II since I get 2 lenses. May be once I grow from novice to expert, I can surely look for other options as well like 18-135 or so.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...