Tuesday 22 May 2018

dslr - What options do I have for GPS/Geotagging with a digital SLR?


I would like to track GPS points while I am photographing with my Canon EOS (5D) camera.


What option do I have track them and what do you recommend?



Answer



I've found that the best solution is to buy an inexpensive stand alone GPS device, make sure your camera clock is synced with the GPS time, carry the GPS in your camera bag while on and saving the track log and use RoboGeo to tag your photos after the fact.


Robo Geo does a nice job and has lots of features, plus it will work with any camera out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...