Saturday 19 May 2018

hotshoe flash - How do I sync a Yongnuo YN560 III speedlight with a Canon 6D?


I'm a beginner in photography. My company owns a Canon 6D with a Yongnuo YN560 III speedlight. I fixed the speedlight perfectly with the Canon 6d hot shoe. Sometimes the speedlight works in some setting (e.g., shutter 30, f/4, Auto ISO), but if I repeat the same, it won't work.


I set same shutter speed as Canon 6D in speedlight.



Answer



The Yongnuo YN560 III is not a good flash for a beginner because it is a Manual flash.


It has no communication with the camera and you must set the flash output power manually. Unless you use a Flash Meter to read the flash output, trial and error is the only way to find the correct flash power setting. But then the output power must be changed each time you change the distance to your subject.


You would be better off with an ETTL Auto Flash like the Yongnuo YN468 or YN565.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...