Wednesday 16 May 2018

canon - Taking photos of computer screens - reducing glare with S95


I am using my S95 to take photographs of LCD computer screens which are used to display Microfilm images related to my research. Unfortunately they aren't running a normal OS, so it's not an option to take screen-shots. So far, it's working decently well, though I am running into an issue where the computer screen is reflecting a good amount of glare from the library's lighting wherever there is a black space on the screen. I've tried to reduce glare in two ways:




  1. Adjusting the camera's angle against the screen, and using a smaller aperture to increase depth of field so that more of the image is in focus even though the top and bottom are different distances from the lens.




  2. Adjusting the aspect ratio so that the camera's photo is the same shape as the page I am photographing, to reduce the black space on the computer screen.





However, I'd like to be able to further reduce glare issues. Outside of changing the library's lighting (which I can't do), is there anything that you would suggest that I do with the camera settings?


Below is an example of one of my early shots when I was trying it out that demonstrates the glare. Thanks in advance.


Example image




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...