Wednesday 11 October 2017

troubleshooting - Why is there a strange white spot on all of photos from my Zenit-B SLR?


I've taken some photos with my old Zenit-B camera. And I have some strange white spot on all of the photos in the upper right corner. Sometimes it is not too recognizable, but it is everywhere.


spot on a normal photo spot on a dark photo sometimes it is not recognizable


It looks like condensate, but I can't see anything like that on the lenses when I open camera. Also it is quite strange that this spot even appeared on absolutely dark photo.


Does anybody know what could it be and how could it be fixed?



Answer



I would say light leakage and possibly internal reflections of some sort.



Considering you get a "bright patch" in the top right, I would highly suspect there is light leaking in.


The "dots" look a lot like reflections to me. In the lens, on a piece - anything that is shiny and reflects light.


I'd say start by checking whether the back closes properly. Next check if you have light leakage from the viewfinder.


Lastly, have a good look if you can see a reason for reflections in the camera.


If none of the three turn up something, try a different lens and see if the issue still occurs. If no, then it is the lens, otherwise... I'm out of ideas...


A last common option for failure would be the shutter, BUT that tends to look rather different.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...