Sunday 15 October 2017

equipment recommendation - Is the screw for attaching tripod heads to tripods standardized?


I was gifted a tripod creatively named: PT-TPM665-C


I am quite happy with it but the head can be frustrating to work with. It feels more geared towards videography rather than photography and needs some fighting to get into desired angle. I am thinking a ball-head will be great upgrade for it.


The problem is, I am a noobie and have no knowlage of different tripod mounting systems. From what I can tell it's a 1/4"ish screw.


Is it a standard size? Does this mount size have a name?


enter image description here





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...