Friday 13 October 2017

autofocus - How can I enable back button focus and disable focusing with shutter button on a Nikon D5500?


I assigned the AE-L, AF-L button to activate focusing on my Nikon D5500, but I can still focus using the shutter button.


I would like to know if it was possible to use the AE-L/AF-L button to set focus only and the shutter button to take photos only.



Answer




According to page 267 of the D5500 Reference Manual, using custom setting f2 to set the AE-L/AF-L button to AF-ON prevents the shutter release button from focusing.


p. 267


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...