Monday 23 October 2017

post processing - What should I consider for cropping aspect ratios?


The question What things should one take into account when looking at cropping a photo? asks about factors that affect composition during cropping.


I'm interested in a very specific sub-set of this, which is barely mentioned in the answers to this other question.



What factors should I consider when choosing an aspect ratio? Obviously for photos I intend to print, I may wish to choose a standard size, or when fitting a photo into a specific spot in a magazine or web site, I need to choose a specific size/aspect ratio.


But given full artistic freedom, what aspect ratios are considered most pleasing, in what contexts, and why?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...