Saturday 28 October 2017

photoshop - Batch resize images to a particular ratio without cropping


I'm looking for a way to batch resize photos to a particular ratio without cropping. For example, if I have pictures with 2x3 ratio which is default for my camera and I want to print it with 5x7 ratio which is a bit narrower, I will lose part of the pictures if I cropped it 5x7. Instead I want to fill part of the pictures with either white or black color and centering the images. (even at one side is fine)


If there's Photoshop Action that can do it, it will be ideal. the sizes mentioned above are just example. It will be good if I can set the destination photos size. The pictures I have are in various sizes, 2x3, 5x7, 16x9, and some squares. (it's fine if it's from one size to one size. I can group pictures with same ratio and run action a few times)


I know there are answers for normal resizing but I can't find the one which will fill and resize the pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...