Sunday 28 May 2017

lens - Mercury transit at 200mm + UV + ND?



Will I able to see Mercury transit with a f/4-5.6 200mm lens (on APS-C)?


I do not have solar filter and I don't have time to buy as transit will be on 9th May 2016. I'm wondering if I can use my UV and neutral density filter to shoot Mercury transit when sun is pretty much dim (around 6:30PM) with help of DSLR display. Will this be ok?


I got this today at 6:51 PM IST only sun spot, no mercury(might be there)


Safety: ND filter 2,4,8 + UV filter + pointed the camera at sun always less than 10 sec.


sun mercury




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...