Sunday 21 May 2017

film - What automatic-feed photo scanner should I use for 6″×4″ / 5″×4″ / A6 / postcard size photos?


Can you recommend an automatic document feeder (ADF) photo scanner for usual 6" x 4" / 5" x 4" / A6 / postcard size photos?



I want to stack up say 25 or 30 at a time and leave it running to scan those to a SD card.


I already have a Epson SX600FW all-in-one with auto-document feeder (ADF) scanner, however the guide only slides to a minimum width of A4 portrait dimension. I was thinking of using some blu-tak and cardboard to make a smaller guide for photos however.


Any suggestions?


And do you think putting the photos through a roller in an ADF would damage them and therefore the quality of the scan? Photos are not as flexible as paper.



Answer



Think I'm going to consider getting a shop to produce them, at 10pounds per 40 images, with the amount I have, I think that might be favourable compared to buying equipment at 100s of pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...