Friday 26 May 2017

Is it possible to share albums privately on Flickr?


I post my pics from various shoots and events on Flickr (portraits, family events, baby showers, etc.). I arrange my photos into Albums, e.g., all the shots from a reunion are in the "May Reunion" Album.


What I want to do


I want to send the link for the Album to a set email distribution list (e.g., all those who attended the reunion), so they can all view the pics on Flickr. I want the folks to be able to view the pics without having to do anything "extra" like creating a new account, creating a password, etc. I have been able to do this so far, and folks have viewed the pics for a certain Album.


The problem



When I send the link for the Album to the distribution list, the viewer goes directly to the Album I want them to view, but they also have ability to view all the other Albums that are on my Flickr page. I don't want them to view all my other Albums, only the Album I sent the link for.


I've tried different "privacy" settings and "guest passes", etc., that are outlined in the Flickr instructions, but my viewers inevitably come back and say they can't view the images for some reason. So, I've just resorted to keeping everything "public" without any restrictions just so everyone can view the Albums I send the link for.


All seems pretty straightforward, and the Flickr instructions seems to say I should I be able to do this rather easily. But I'm sorry to say I must be missing something on this one. Any Flickr experts out there that can help me determine what I'm doing wrong?


NET


I want to simply send an email to group of folks with a link to an "Album" of pics on my Flickr page. Want them to only view that Album - and not all my Albums. The group of folks changes, depending on the photoshoot. Also, don't want viewers to have to sign up for any type of new accounts, etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...