Wednesday 24 May 2017

equipment damage - How can I tell if a drop damaged my camera's sensor?


I dropped my Nikon D5500 recently from a height of around 3 ft onto a hard surface. Visibly, there is no damage to the camera. However, having handled some DSLRs, I think it's very unlikely that everything is intact.


When I was editing some of the images in Lightroom, I could feel that there is way too much light in images which I am finding hard to remove using filters. I have attached a screenshot where I can see a bright band in the centre of every image (larger versions on this Google Drive link):


screenshot of images where I can see bands at center


Then I clicked some high-ISO images (12000, 25000) where I could see some noise:


high-iso images


However, I am not sure if the sensor is damaged or if I am clicking on the pictures wrong. Is there any specific way I can test for to know for any damage?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...