Monday 16 January 2017

lens - Should I buy this Nikon 50mm f/1.8?


I've got an opportunity to buy a Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF-D prime lens for £75.


Has anyone used this lens who could give an opinion?


The reason I'm looking into buying it is that in an earlier question I asked about photographing gigs and someone recommended a lens like this as none of my lenses are really fast enough.


I'd be using it on my Nikon D70S.



Answer



The Nikon 50mm f/1.8 is a wonderful lens. It is also really cheap. So don't hesitate, go for it. That's the lens everybody should have in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...