Wednesday 25 January 2017

Do DSLRs allow use of electronic shutter for photography for stop-motion?


I'm going to be purchasing a DSLR soon for doing frame-by-frame paper, stop-motion animation video work. I do not want to have to keep fixing a mechanical shutter for my DSLR, which I hear is a concern (repair in range of 2-300 US$ for ever few hundred thousand images captured w/ mechanical shutter).


I'm having a hard time deciphering whether or not digital video on DSLRs I'm looking at will let the user do frame-by-frame shooting separate from the mechanical shutter. Is this possible for any model of DSLR camera you know of? Can you recommend DSLRs with electronic shutter so I can bypass this issue? I am also considering mirrorless. My budget is low, in range of $300-700.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...