Saturday 7 January 2017

astrophotography - Will my finepix s8600 be enough for the milky way


I'm planning on buying a DSLR soon but impatience got me I decided to take my moms 4 year old bridge camera and give a shot, I took pictures in a mildly light polluted area, and it seemed to have gotten every star I could see with my own eye (there weren't that many). My problem is, I see people recommending a 10 second exposure with an iso of 800, the camera limits the shutter at 8 second up to 1600 iso and 2 second at 3200 and 6400. Will it be enough to capture the milky way?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...