Saturday 28 May 2016

lens - What improvements I could expect upgrading from Canon EF 55-250mm IS to a Canon 70 - 300mm?




I enjoy taking photos with my current telephoto (55-250) but I wonder if the 70-300 could be a worthwhile upgrade. As of November 2013, it would be around a $350 investment if I deal hunt and sell my current lens.


I believe that I would benefit from the USM, for achieving focus quikcly as I am usually shooting moving subjects and my current lens is a bit slow.


How can I assess if the upgrade would be worthwhile? What improvements I could expect (with regard to quality of the pictures, AF, quietness, build quality....) stepping up to the 70-300 lens? Are there any downsides to consider?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...