Tuesday 10 May 2016

equipment recommendation - What companies offer an IR camera filter?


I'm planning on converting a Nikon D50 to dedicated infrared, replacing the internal IR cut filter with one that will block visible light, and pass infrared.


Google has turned up a couple sites, and ebay has one listed. I'm wondering if anyone has done this, and can recommend one (or recommend against one)



Answer



I can put in a good word for LifePixel. I converted my Canon 20D about 18 months ago now... I actually did the conversion myself and I can attest to the quality of the tutorials they provide. Walked me through every step of the way and I had no issues whatsoever.



Of course if you're not into DIY monkeying with your camera, they'll do the conversion for you. I had a friend go this route and also has had no complaints.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...