Wednesday 25 May 2016

developing - Is it worth trying to process film shot in 1989? (Fall of the Berlin Wall)


The "Can I develop my b&w film a year after shooting it?" question got me to thinking...


I have some film, both B&W and colo(u)r, which I shot the night the Berlin Wall fell at Checkpoint Charlie, and have not yet gotten round to processing.


Would it be worth my even trying to have this professionally processed? Maybe just one or two of each type, to see how it goes? Or is it too late?


The film canisters have just lain around the house in a carrier bag since 1989.




[Update] Film Rescue International have just replied "Good morning. Thank you for reaching out. Our project primarily only rescues film that has been orphaned from it's photographer. We'd recommend contacting bluemooncamera.com to process your film. They work with expired film all the time and their prices are very reasonable." I will contact them, although their prices don't seem all that cheap, especially considering that I have 20 or more rolls to process, and would prefer to receive digital images.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...