Saturday 30 May 2015

What considerations should be made for choosing a manual film SLR for photography classes?


I need a film SLR camera that can be fully manual for my niece that's going away to an art camp soon. She is taking some film photography classes that require such a camera.
I'm looking at a few used older manual film SLRs that are for sale close to me and could use some advice on which one might be best? I want to know which ones have a good history of build quality and durability, I don't have time to get anything fixed. Also ease of use for her.


I've found a few Canon AE-1s and AE-1 Programs, a Canon FT QL, a Minolta X-700,a RICOH KR-10,and an Agahi Pentex K1000.


The Pentex,the Canon FT and the Minolta seem to be a little in worse shape via pictures online but I haven't seen them in person.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the front element of a telephoto lens larger than a wide angle lens?

A wide angle lens has a wide angle of view, therefore it would make sense that the front of the lens would also be wide. A telephoto lens ha...